We'll see | Matt Zimmerman

a potpourri of mirth and madness

Random Ubuntu sighting

Seen on a bus shelter in south London: ubuntu-bus-shelter

Written by Matt Zimmerman

February 26, 2009 at 10:16

Posted in Uncategorized

Tagged with ,

13 Responses

1. Yay! Ubuntu!

February 26, 2009 at 10:33

2. Another example of the superior marketing capabilities of Canonical/Ubuntu! Die Fedora, DIE!

February 26, 2009 at 11:35

3. Excellent spot!
    foo your type of comment really doesn’t help portray a united, friendly or helpful image for Linux users.

Tom Bott

February 26, 2009 at 11:56

4. My girlfriend stuck one on her car but the quality of the sticker was not good enough and the sticker desintegrated in a couple of days :(
    Hope this one will last ;)

February 26, 2009 at 12:06

5. Why do you want Fedora to die, foo? Even if you don’t run it, the project is making major contributions to Ubuntu’s upstream; for example, Karmic’s bootloader is slated to use Fedora Plymouth technology.

While I do think certain damaging splits in the Linux ecosystem (for example, the rift between RPM and DEB systems) could be repaired by some final triumph of Debian heirs, I think Fedora is a positive influence overall.

February 26, 2009 at 13:22

6. Plaster those stickers everywhere! Go, go, go!

goo: he is just kidding, it’s all in jest, in the spirit of very friendly ‘competition’, mocking real competition where they can want their competitor to die, etc

February 26, 2009 at 13:52

7. I agree – the quality of Ubuntu stickers really is not great. I’ve been through a few on my sticker-laden water-bottle already, and each time it’s a pain to scrape the adhesive off and apply a new sticker every few weeks. Now I don’t bother; but it leaves Ubuntu un-represented upon my water receptacle. :-(

February 26, 2009 at 14:24

8. Yeah, I had one on my bike and it didn’t take long to desintegrate.

Maybe ship less stickers with the CDs and use more plastic ;)

I want them to be seen anywhere!! Great cheap marketing (although a bit vandal)

February 26, 2009 at 15:29

9. foo is an anti-Ubuntu troll (midly, most of his trolling consists of “when will you send this upstream?” “will this be submitted to debian?”) so this was a sarcastic post.

February 26, 2009 at 16:52

10. Ubuntu is the most overrated distro ever put out. It’s not nearly as good as its fanbois portray it to be — certainly not moreso than many other distros. Its “success” is all the result hype and fanboi “marketing”.

February 27, 2009 at 08:11

11. […] Zimmerman: Random Ubuntu sighting. You’d be surprised some of the places you can find an Ubunutu logo, like the place Matt […]

12. Hey mdz. What’s the license of this photo? May I use it?

Jonathan Carter

February 27, 2009 at 21:06

• Consider it in the public domain.

February 28, 2009 at 10:30

Comments are closed.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,454 other followers